Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

2018 Winter Olympics....

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by joebloggs13, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Picton

Picton Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Feb 7, 2009
    Reading, Massachusetts
    The modern WINTER Olympics by more like forty.

kelnet likes this.

2. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

another 17 yr old wins gold.. Chloe Kim of the US wins the snowboard half pipe with a near perfect score on her last run....

she was already leading the comp and was assured gold.. but still went better on her last run... :cool:

3. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    She went big on that last run ! Coulda sandbagged but - she's 17 ! What the hell - might as well.

Full gnarl.

Congrats Chloe and Arielle Gold gets the bronze too.

4. trev333

into some mens downhill skiing..... it's windy and looks icy and slick.....

going to be tough....

Stubee likes this.

5. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2010
    Certain uncertainty
    It would be a lot easier for them to go down the hill if they avoided those ramps and didn't twirl and flip hardee-har-har

Toto'sDad likes this.

6. trev333

some big scores going down in the mens half pipe Qualifiers...

and the camera work/slo mo replays are just nuts..... gets better at each successive event these days..... all sports...

7. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    I am staying up very late, for here and for me, to finish watching the Men’s S Combined. My wife asked “are you alright?” from the bedroom a few minutes ago, so I promised to return to normal until the Men’s Downhill happens Wednesday night.

I was never much other than a guy who would haphazardly tackle about any hill with my mediocre skis and lack of talent, but watching these guys takes me back to marveling at their skill 50 years ago.

8. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I like when people stand up for their beliefs. Go, people!

9. Recce

Recce Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    To me one of the funniest things about this Winter Olympics is they keep talking about how cold it is. Really? It is the Winter Olympics. You could move it to the summer but then the lack of snow and ice would be a problem. I just think it is funny.

Oh, watching Chloe Kim was great and it was obvious she was better than anyone else competing even to my untrained eyes.

My favorite events are the Alpine Events.

10. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I like the alpine skiing stuff. grew up in Colorado; skiing was part of it from an early age.

that's what I like to watch. These are pretty good skiers. I like to watch. All the rest of it is kinda too fluffy or too boring; YMMV.

11. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I agree, the sensible solution to getting back down off that doggone hill would be a snow cat with a heater. Sheesh, people never see the whole problem.

1955 likes this.

12. trev333

the scotty james and the shaun white show is on.... mens half pipe snowboard final runs.....

kinda cool how they dial in a song to play on their headphones as they do their runs...... \m/.....:cool:

13. trev333

That'd be ski jumping...... they cut it down to one big ramp and a straight downhill run....:D

now those guys hardly even move a muscle to compete......;)

14. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Holic

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    Curling. Isn't this basically just horseshoe pitching? Which is fine. I enjoy participating in horseshoe pitching myself, and curling looks like fun too. But...Olympic sport? There must be some historical aspect I'm not aware of.

15. trev333

the girls are doing their Skeleton runs.... that looks scary going down the Luge track head first.....

16. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    So how many snow boarding events.
    Red won and S. White won. How many more?
    I thought only 1.

17. BigDaddyLH

For Norway, it's all about the uniforms.

[​IMG]

Junkyard Dog likes this.

18. BigDaddyLH

I just saw today's uniforms! Valentines special!

[​IMG]

19. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    Diehard that I am, I watched Men’s Downhill, then pairs skating to get to Women’s Super G, and enjoyed every bit of it until my wife remarked that she didn’t like a skater because of her skimpy undergarment. I didn’t even notice it until she pointed it (figuratively) out.

I may have to cash in my man card.

20. trev333

I didn't think Split Enz had a Curling team.....looks like them...:D

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.