Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Anti-Bucket List

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Oct 11, 2017.

1. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    I'll never again trust a fart.

2. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Tele-Afflicted

Dec 6, 2015
    Wisconsin
    All border towns are cartel towns, because most of their customers are over the border (from them).

3. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Afflicted

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    They'll turn on you, won't they?

Jimmy Owen likes this.

4. DaphneBlue

DaphneBlue Tele-Meister

Jul 22, 2017
    Switzerland
    story of my life and it is really beautiful.

Jimmy Owen and Gabrielle84 like this.

5. jimbo735

jimbo735 Tele-Holic

Sep 19, 2011
    michigan
    Ill never do any of the things all you Guys mentioned ,,,ever!:)

brookdalebill and Gabrielle84 like this.

6. drf64

drf64 Friend of Leo's

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI

7. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Afflicted

Feb 26, 2017
    Manchester UK
    Good luck never farting again: not sure u will be able to avoid the balloon ride if you manage it

Tough choice

Generic Schmoe and troy2003 like this.

8. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2010
    Certain uncertainty
    Xena Warrior Princess on Lilith Fair Island looping lassos for Parthenonian mate-parrot Luger loofahs. Everybody said oh boy it's an awesome movie! Eeeeeee I hate the new paradigm of scream-lust and reverse empowerment agenda Con-fratulations, bracelet, you win money

El Tele Lobo likes this.

9. drf64

drf64 Friend of Leo's

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI

This was 13 years ago. I don't recall the river's name but we put in just downstream from a Duke Energy Hydrodam in NC somewhere near the Smoky Mountains. I'm sure for you this would have been a picnic but I had my kids with me and I had kind of fudged on the age of my son at the time. 8 was the age limit and he was about 2 months from turning 8. Within 5 minutes of starting a large ferocious gal got knocked out of a neighboring raft and started screaming her head off. Her SO in the raft (not the raft we were in) went berserk and fell in herself. Now there were 2 large women screaming and fighting the water instead of doing what the guide told them. This took 3 rafts (a guide from each) to corral them and get them to shore. An older couple had seen enough and asked to be let off.

I don't really like water. As a freshman in HS I was taking a swim class and to pass I needed to tread water for some ridiculous amount of time. An obnoxious upper classman kept pushing me under while I dog paddled and I had a panic attack. Within the space of a few minutes in 1978 I had a panic attack and developed a fear of drowning, claustrophobia, and generalized anxiety disorder all from that one terrible event.

So here I was with 3 kids aged 7, 11, and 12 on water that was significantly more volatile than I had expected and several things came to mind, the first of which was I was going to have to trust these guides who had been clowning and acting like complete assholes up until this time with getting me and my kids back to safety. So far they had not distinguished themselves as anything but jackasses with a summer job. The water hadn't even gotten bad yet at that point. So I spent the trip with my 7 year old tight up against me talking about anything I possibly could so he would not see I was scared ****less.

Thanks for the warning. Never ever will I get in a raft in Quebec. :eek:

NashvilleDeluxe likes this.

10. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

SoOOoo... she beat you up?

BigWillyInd, Gabrielle84 and 1955 like this.

11. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    Teenage years. Oh and Tequila.

Nightclub Dwight and DaphneBlue like this.

12. drf64

drf64 Friend of Leo's

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    He didn't say he wouldn't fart, but rather he'll not trust a fart. That's sound advice. Maybe 1 in 1000 will be a shart. YMMV.

nojazzhere and Generic Schmoe like this.

13. don71

don71 Tele-Afflicted

Dec 6, 2009
    Central Missouri
    I don't want to go back to the teenage years either, But If I did I would wear the proper welding helmet when trying to start an arc when stick welding.

Bare eyes are not match for that. Serious eye burn, feels like an eye full of sand.

14. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Afflicted

Feb 26, 2017
    Manchester UK
    Common parlance in my neck of the woods has 'not trust a fart' to mean 'I am letting nothing out given what may follow on'

To never trust it, here, would mean to never fart

Got to wish him all the luck in the world

15. John Owen

John Owen Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jan 29, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Kidney stone was the first thing that came to mind for me as well when I saw this thread.

Bruxist likes this.

16. P-Nutz

P-Nutz Tele-Holic

Dec 24, 2004
    Middle America
    ++++1!

When I was probably 15, I drank some Sloe Gin that was used to ... uh ... filter something ...

17. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2007
    St. Croix, USVI
    Having gone through two cat 5 hurricanes in 13 days I have no more bucket list stuff I care about. Being alive and basically unhurt closes out any bucket list I might have had. Anything from here on out (in the good sense) is just gravy

18. Daddy Hojo

Daddy Hojo Friend of Leo's

Feb 25, 2011
    Kentucky
    Chewing tobacco. Everyone who has ever tried it has the same experience as I did but I guess others are stupid enough to try it again.

flathd and brookdalebill like this.

19. Recce

Recce Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    I do not wish that on anybody. Good luck on recovery for the Caribbean.

Jimmy Owen likes this.

20. smsuryan

smsuryan Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.