Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Anti-Bucket List

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Oct 11, 2017.

1. x2plex

x2plex Tele-Meister

Jun 4, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    Keep it coming, folks. We're got enough material here for at least three Tom Waits songs.

2. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

That sounds like the Pigeon River, below Walters Dam. That's North of Canton, NC, near a paper mill and the water quality was one of the worst of the whitewater rivers in the region. The Utility releases unpredictable amounts of flow, and the bottom is rocky and irregular, and sharp rocks from the construction of I-40 line some of the right bank - not a good place to swim. Duke doesn't own it but they do operate it.

Mystery to me how commercial rafting survives on that run. But released water in the summer recreation season is a prized commodity.

I think I've run it twice. It was on someone else's "list" in both cases and I just wanted to keep the kayaking party together.

3. dsutton24

dsutton24 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    I know it's not exactly on point, but If I never see another reference to a bucket list I'd be happy. It's a worn out cliché.

dswo likes this.

4. Daddy Hojo

Daddy Hojo Friend of Leo's

Feb 25, 2011
    Kentucky

5. Jimmy Owen

Jimmy Owen Tele-Meister

Apr 2, 2017
    Moravian Falls, NC
    Fifth of Tequila, one afternoon. Thankfully, I wasn't driving. Sadly, I had a gig that night.

I never, ever did that again. Well, at least not with tequila. It was 37 years ago, and I've not had any tequila since.

brookdalebill likes this.

6. edvard

edvard Tele-Holic

May 15, 2016
    Bremerton, WA
    You know, I didn't think I had anything to contribute to this thread... 'til now :oops:

Now, let's see; I'm old enough to drink, don't drink anymore, and am married to a decent woman. So not only will I never do that again, I CAN'T!

Please, don't ask...

Gabrielle84 likes this.

7. Rythameen

Rythameen Tele-Meister

Jun 24, 2017
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Ha, got talked into it too when I was first in a band, they told me I would look like a blonde Keef, I looked just like my Moms poodle. And trust me that was not a good look.

uriah1 likes this.

8. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Sometimes in my haste to post a particularly important piece of information to the esteemed brethren here on the dog, I entirely forget to proof read, and hit enter before I even realize what I'm doing. I acquired the ability to touch type (ancient words right there) late in life, and probably never really developed proper technique. Really there's no excuse though, even though it was late in life, it was a long time ago. :cool:

boris bubbanov likes this.

9. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    You too, Harry? Beth and I married April 21, 1973.

My experience of this was living under the same roof with my wife and two daughters, and we all loved each other. And it still wasn't for the faint of heart. At times, it felt like I was drowning in an ocean of estrogen.

10. boris bubbanov

We got pretty close to completely lost inside an abandoned mine near Akron, NY one time. Yeah, we had a thread to follow but there were also other threads - too many threads. Our light sources would not have lasted much longer. Our saving grace was that the overcast skies lifted for a few minutes when we ventured closer to the entrance overhead - we sensed a bit of daylight.

11. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Hmmm... one of my daydreams is that I had stayed on at Uni as a permanent, lazy student .

12. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Holic

May 6, 2012
    England
    Seven vodka and tonics, one after the other, I was young after all

Toto'sDad likes this.

13. boris bubbanov

I was 12 I think, and decided a new recipe for cookies was in order. For some reason, I decided they needed vodka.

None of the kids liked the finished cookie very much, so I had the crazy idea of gifting the remaining batch to a teacher at school. She was uhh....."gracious" in accepting this terrible disaster of a gift.

Consequently I have a "different" view of vodka than I do any other form of distilled alcoholic beverages.

Lefty Addams likes this.

14. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Holic

May 6, 2012
    England
    yes vodka gets you like that doesn't it lol

15. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jul 2, 2015
    PNW USA
    I will never again climb down from the top of a 500-foot-tall desert canyon cliff onto a narrow, crumbling ledge in order to collect a baby prairie falcon from its nest.

For two reasons: 1) I don't think I was ever so scared in my life, and, 2) today, I wouldn't agree to help kidnap a baby falcon, even though it was all legal and licensed. (I was helping a falconer friend who was too big to climb down to the ledge.)

(Except for the part about getting stranded on a cliff ledge, the weekend in the desert canyon was a wonderful experience!)

P.S. I was unable to reach the nest, so we went home with no baby falcon.

16. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I drank twenty one salty dogs the night I turned 21, it started in the afternoon really and lasted until closing time, it was a goal to reached. I don't know why I didn't die that night, and question even greater that I survived the following day. I had a woman in attendance, when we got to my place I showed her I wasn't all that drunk by knocking out a street lamp with one of my boots. Anyway that's what she told me, I didn't remember, but my boot was still lying out there, and the street lamp was broken.

17. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Holic

May 6, 2012
    England
    Well it was on my 23rd birthday, age to know better, but there you go, never been sick like it since.

Toto'sDad likes this.

18. mgreene

mgreene Tele-Meister

Jan 27, 2010
    south carolina
    Hold a sneeze to be polite (in the lawyers office) and break your collar bone!

upload_2017-10-12_13-44-5.png

19. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Long before I finally quit drinking, and we were young my wife sent me a couple of peanut butter sandwiches after a particularly rough night of whiskey drinking. I was a field service mechanic at the time for a New Holland dealer. I was out working on new swather, feeling sorry for myself that I was having a self inflicted near death experience. I ate one of those peanut butter sandwiches trying to get better and discovered only after being able to taste my own waste elimination duct in my mouth that it is physically impossible to throw a skippy sandwich back up!

20. picknfool

picknfool Tele-Meister

Jun 4, 2003
    Oakland, Ca.
    oh, yeah...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.