Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Anti-Bucket List

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Praxis

Praxis Tele-Meister

Dec 11, 2007
    Out There
    Ghost peppers.

A few months back I ate a teaspoonful of ghost pepper salsa. Now, I really like spicy food, and I regularly eat a pretty broad variety of hot peppers, but this stuff was way over the top. Besides the fire in the mouth, I had sweating, shortness of breath, coughing, crawling scalp, and a survival instinct to run away (but from what?). Dang, it was hot. The next day was pretty bad, too.

Matt G, El Tele Lobo and troy2003 like this.

2. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Dude! You got back on that horse and ate some more the next day?

Wait ... oh ... OH! :eek:

Praxis likes this.

3. jackinjax

jackinjax Friend of Leo's

Sep 11, 2016
    Jacksonville
    Hot going in and hot going out? The secret to solving that dilemma is to follow the peppers with a big bowl of ice cream. COME ON ICE CREAM! :eek:

Praxis likes this.

4. Generic Schmoe

Generic Schmoe Tele-Meister

Oct 23, 2015
    Huntsville, TX
    (Nurse) "Can I get you anything, Mr. Schmoe?"

(sobbing) "Yeah.....I'd like some ice cream...."

(nurse) "What flavor?"

(sobbing) "I don't care. It's for my butt."

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Despres, troy2003 and Praxis like this.

5. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Tele-Afflicted

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    Clean up an unharvested harvest of rotted cantaloupe. I have a strong stomach and even to this day, 28 years later, the smell of cantaloupe (fresh or otherwise) makes me nauseated.

Go into insurance sales again. Or any sales, for that matter.

Join any kind of band with a particular cousin. We sound so good together, but the payoff is not worth the effort of putting up with that arrogant @#+%!

Trust a doctor.
    My wife received two different misdiagnoses for a simple illness she suffered for years and nearly died.
    Also, they overdosed me on a diuretic for a couple of years, and I suffer from some kidney and kidney-related issues.
    I basically only go to the doctor if I'm bleeding uncontrollably or so sick I can't walk...and I'm healthier for it.

brookdalebill and Praxis like this.

6. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Tele-Holic

Jul 2, 2015
    PNW USA
    That reminds me: I will never again eat an entire jar of jalapeno peppers in one evening.

Really hot peppers are too much for me, but one night I was a starving student and it was the last food in the house. By the third one, they tasted pretty good, so I ate them all.

Everything seemed fine until the next morning after the 8am midterm, when suddenly my lower gut was on Fire and about to explode like a time bomb. I sprinted home 2 blocks, made it just in time. I'm thankful it didn't happen during the test! and I stick to the mildest hot sauces.

troy2003 likes this.

7. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    Comedy gold!

mgreene and Toto'sDad like this.

8. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Tele-Meister

Apr 8, 2014
    Portland, ME
    Stick my stick in crazy. Never again. I've been punched and even stabbed by the prettiest little things you've ever seen. NEVER again.

9. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    My first wife and I went to a nice seafood restaurant and had mussels for an appetizer.
    She escaped unscathed, but I needed a trip to the ER.
    I have never been that violently sick since.

10. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 16, 2003
    London
    I think mine was a couple weeks ago in the hospital. I had kidney stone surgery on both kidneys in one go. That was the easy part. During the surgery they put a temporary tube through my back into my kidney.

Two days later, the nurse came by, told me to take a couple of Tylenol and she'd be back in an hour to remove the tube.

She came back, told me to grit my teeth, and then pulled the entire tube that was deep inside my kidney out through my back.

At that point, if I was living in the Middle Ages I would have confessed to being a witch and let them hang me right then.

11. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    I thought they burned the witches at the stake

12. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Only if they weigh the same as a duck...

13. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Holic

Feb 26, 2017
    Manchester UK
    Depends which country

El Tele Lobo likes this.

14. flathd

flathd Friend of Leo's

Jan 29, 2008
    Twin Cities,MN
    Rolled down a steep hill inside of a tractor tire inner tube. It's fun until you want to stop, and your only options are to bail out or hit a tree.

Also, hop a train. The last time was my wake up call when my foot slipped off the ladder and hit the train's wheel. :eek:

15. flathd

flathd Friend of Leo's

Jan 29, 2008
    Twin Cities,MN
    Former Copenhagen user, my dentist advised me to quit that one because my lower gums were receding.

Nasty habit, and smoking, glad I quit them both.

16. MrMarr

MrMarr TDPRI Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Alberta, Canada
    Oh this is fun haha.

• Being homeless.
    • Being thrown off a boat into the atlantic ocean 2km from the shore, left to swim back (as an 8 year old)
    • Being found sleepwalking naked in a shady Hong Kong apartment building (in Mong Kok)
    • Panic Attacks
    I could live very happily without ever experiencing any of those things again.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017

17. NashvilleDeluxe

NashvilleDeluxe Tele-Holic

May 10, 2007
    Laurentians, Quebec

I'm in Quebec. I went rafting twice last year. Kayaking and SUP (paddleboard), too. What's different about rafting here? Other than the high mortality rate...

Boubou likes this.

18. speedingjet

speedingjet Tele-Meister

Attend a performance of community theatre by a friend.
    Friends don't ask friends to pretend there is a "4th wall" for 2 hours.

backporchmusic, Praxis and drf64 like this.

19. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

You need to first establish a safe word.

Praxis likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.