Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Buckethead Diagnosed with Chronic Heart Problem, Says "I Could Be Gone Tomorrow"

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by adamsappel, Oct 12, 2017.

1. adamsappel

adamsappel Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jun 8, 2008
    Maryland
    http://www.guitarworld.com/artist-n...t-problem-says-i-could-be-gone-tomorrow/31909

More at the link. I primarily know Buckethead by reputation, but I think anyone regardless of musical tastes would acknowledge he is a master of the instrument. It's sad to think such a phenomenal talent could be gone at any time.

Jules78 likes this.

2. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Tele-Holic

May 29, 2016
    Kansas
    Yeah that is sad news. I can't say his music speaks to me, but the guy can certainly play!

3. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    Hes a genius. I dont love all of his music, but this one is hard not to like:

4. Alamo

Alamo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 15, 2006
    Berlin, Germany
    I don't know, but he's never been on my bucket list.
    hope his chronic heart problem is not related to wearing buckets too often.
    if he does leave us because of that (which I don't wish upone anyone) , he's really kicked the bucket.

5. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Afflicted

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Pretty good, but he needs to lay off the Botox....no facial expression at all....

(yes, I know it's a mask :) )

6. speedy mcfeely

speedy mcfeely Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2008
    Chico Ca
    That's too bad. I would hate to not be able to live my life like I want to because of a genetic health issue.

mnutz likes this.

7. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I have tix to see him next month! Am so looking forward to it. I love his playing. Electric Tears! Colma! Great music! I hope he's ok. And no not for my own selfish reasons...

8. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Tele-Afflicted

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    I'm not a fan of this form of music...but I can appreciate that he has an immense amount of technical ability. I am sorry that he is dealing with an issue such as this.

I was going to say that it might be related to all the chicken he ate to get new headgear, but it sounds genetic rather than lifestyle-related, so that would be both inaccurate and unkind.

Paul in Colorado likes this.

9. Cheap Trills

Cheap Trills Tele-Meister

May 11, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm a big fan even though I'm not into most shred/metal. I like to listen to his laid back albums while driving- Colma and Electric Tears-- would highly recommend them. I respect that he never broke character even when doing so would have helped him become more mainstream, and also just the sheer throughput of music he produced... I've read that he's released hundreds? He's a true and prolific artist. Sad news.

rich815 and Jules78 like this.

10. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Good luck, Buckethead.
    A dear friend of mine (my age) has this problem, too.
    Scary.

11. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

His style varies so widely it's hard to nail him down to a single "form of music". But for what he's most famous for (shredding, i.e. Soothsayer) most think of him that way, but he's way way more than that and has a lot of music very different than Soothsayer shredding. In fact Soothsayer is pretty much the only shredding type recording of his I like.

12. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2011
    Lewes De.
    I caught him at the Theatre of the Living Arts in Philly. Very enjoyable. One of my go hear live, but have no records of , performers. Hope he gets better.

13. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    I hate to hear that.
    I agree with you about his Talent as a Guitarist. Not too many people come our way with that kind of Ability.

Hope he gets it straightened-out.

Sounds Good likes this.

14. Sounds Good

Sounds Good Tele-Meister

Oct 2, 2017
    Luton UK
    Sorry to hear this news i hope he gets better as well, I was always abit envious of his long fingers and how he can stretch so easy.

15. Area51

Area51 Tele-Meister

Nov 4, 2016
    New Mexico

Great albums, I'll add in Population Override.

You always hate to hear of someone his age having problems like this.

Sounds Good likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.