Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Daryle Singletary dead at 46.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I wasn't what you could call a fan, but I liked his little ditty "Too Much Fun." I thought his ballad "I let her lie" told a story too often repeated with young folks today. 46 years old and left a passel of kids. Sad to me.

tonytrout likes this.

2. kuvash

kuvash Tele-Afflicted

Feb 13, 2010
    Upper California

3. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO

4. Georox

Georox Tele-Afflicted

Oct 30, 2014
    The tan house in AZ
    Had to Google to find out who he was.

5. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

Mar 19, 2003
    Brasstown/Murphy, NC

6. dan1952

dan1952 Friend of Leo's

Jun 24, 2004
    Anderson, IN
    Opened for him a long time go. Seemed like an okay guy.

tery likes this.

7. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    His song too much fun took me back to 1959. I had a new Ford Pickup in the summer of '59, hanging with a little gal that I would eventually have one of the greatest adventures of my young life with on a trip from California to Alabama. Anyway, Coors in secret dumped a semi truck load of beer on a farm east of where I lived about ten miles out of town. The beer was fine, the inside of the containers had some sort of lacquer coating that started coming off and there were little flakes in the beer. The particulars I don't know on how they decided to dump the stuff there, but a farm worker found some of it couldn't keep his mouth shut, and the in no time every kid in town knew about it.

A bunch of guys and gals would pile in the back of my truck and away we would go with several carloads of kids in tow. We'd go out there and dig up a bunch of beer, then go to "the trees" and party. A gathering place with a bunch of eucalyptus trees that was a pretty cool hangout! Sometimes we'd go out to lake woollomes and swim and by then it would be getting dark, and boy that's when the fun really began! Even with all the people that knew about it, it took a pretty good while to dig up and drink a truck load of beer! What a blast we all had, I think we might have all been guilty of "having too much fun!"

I know, I know, drinking and driving and such, and no I don't approve of that kind of stuff. It was like Valdez killing the Apache, that was before I knew better.

tery likes this.

8. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee

9. Brokenpick

Brokenpick Tele-Holic

Oct 29, 2008
    Dixie
    (And/or judgements can get blurred, and, you wouldn't wanna have missed that time. It's Life, right? Shades of grey, man.)

Toto'sDad likes this.

10. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I saw a movie the other night with Ben Affleck as an old time criminal, at the end of the movie, his little boy asks him where heaven is. Ben says, it's right here, we're living in heaven right now. Man, 1959 was kind of like that for me. We were too young too know better, or even care. Like you say shades of grey lived to tell the tale, and what a blast!

11. Georox

Georox Tele-Afflicted

Oct 30, 2014
    The tan house in AZ
    Well that just about covers everything in a country song.:D

Toto'sDad likes this.

12. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I'm tellin' ya kid, ya just had to be there! :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.