Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Fulldrive 1

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by GuitarJonz, Feb 13, 2018.

1. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    MA
    Saw this one, looks interesting, especially for those who have no use for the Boost function of a normal FD2. Like the FD2, it has Vintage and Flat Mids modes, plus, the Comp Cut mode is supposedly with fuller mids, like the earliest FD2 pedals. Plus, the smaller size frees up room on your pedalboard.

https://www.fulltone.com/products/full-drive1

RetroTeleRod likes this.

2. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA
    This is pretty cool! I never liked the oversize shape of the FD2.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018

3. PCollen

PCollen Tele-Afflicted

May 7, 2010
    Man of the World

No need to find and pay $400-$600 for a 90's FD2 anymore ???? You can see most of them on Ebay for $50-$100 bucks. I may even sell you MY early FD2 for the price (TBD) of this FD1.

4. GuitarJonz

Mar 16, 2003
    MA
    Will be interesting to see the pricing on this. I have a feeling it will be more than the current new FD2 price of about $130.00, for less features and materials.

5. gkterry

gkterry Tele-Meister

Dec 19, 2014
    Paris, IL

6. Highway Chile

Highway Chile TDPRI Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I'm not sure about this. I like the Full drives because of the variety offered by the two foot-switch design. The FD3 is my favorite, but I love the older FD2 as well. Regardless of how great this one sounds, I would feel like it was missing something, but the company would probably say that the player could buy the little Fulltone boost pedal and set it right next to this one to have the same functionality as the larger pedals.

Southpole likes this.

7. Serenity23

Serenity23 Tele-Holic

Dec 1, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I've liked every version of the Fulldrive i've tried, but i don't use the boost. This new version will be very tempting.

bluesky1963 likes this.

8. GuitarJonz

Mar 16, 2003
    MA
    I saw that these are finally available. Anyone tried one? Big selling point seems to be the "full mids" comp cut mode, like the old ones.

9. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    Memphis TN
    The FD3 is not a lot bigger and has the option to use the boost separately, I'd be more inclined to go that route if I wanted a modded TS type pedal. There are a LOT of small TS type overdrives that have multiple options.

10. tfarny

tfarny Tele-Afflicted

Sep 4, 2008
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I use the boost more than the drive side of the FD3, it's the only boost pedal I need.

11. revelator

revelator Tele-Holic

May 9, 2010
    Spokane Washington
    zippofan likes this.

12. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    MF now has the FD1 in stock. I saw them listed on Ebay for $119.20.

13. bluesky1963

bluesky1963 Tele-Holic

Apr 1, 2011
    Glendale, AZ
    Picked up a blemished Fulldrive 1 from Fulltone, it arrived today. I'll post pics and a review next week. I'm on vacation and will have time to do a side by side with my mosfet Fulldrive 2.

Iago likes this.

14. Radspin

Radspin Friend of Leo's

Mar 7, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    I just bought an FD3 blem for $99 with free shipping! At that price, I couldn’t resist since I’ve been looking for a dual-switch overdrive with a volume boost. I like it a lot, better than the FD2 MOSFET I once owned. Having all those overdrive and switching options makes it very flexible and the boost function is excellent.

15. Skip Reid

Skip Reid TDPRI Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Mississippi
    I have one. It hasn't blown me away yet. I am still searching for a tone that I love.

My Tumnus does blow me away.

16. Radspin

Radspin Friend of Leo's

Mar 7, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Skip, I was a little underwhelmed after my first impressions posted above, but during a couple of rehearsals I found that I like it more with the Wide Asym mode as opposed to the 90s mode I liked better during “bedroom” playing. And I’m finding the Boost side to be very useful. At first I thought I’d use the boost just for overdriven solos but during rehearsal I realized it’s also great as a clean boost to bring up the volume of certain parts or solos with a clean tone.

I haven’t tried a Tumnus yet but have been curious about it.

17. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

May 19, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    I've owned my 1998 push pull comp cut non FM FD2 for 20 years and it's still my #1 with Fender amps. It's that good. I just bought a 9/10 non mosfet 2005 FD2 for $60 and love the FM mode with my Z28. Didn't like the FD3, or the Mosfet one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.