Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Happy Valentines Day!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 3fngrs, Feb 13, 2018.

1. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    I am no one's significant other. I am a few people's insignificant other, though

2. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    I made Mrs Stubee gnocchi with pesto & Italian sweet sausage tonight, along with fresh Brussels sprouts in bleu cheese sauce. I’ll have a cup of coffee waiting for her with her favorite biscotti tomorrow morning, just like every day, and for dinner I’ll make her fresh jumbo Gulf shrimp, and present her with these little delicacies. IMG_7835.JPG

She expressed some surprise with the dinner tonight, as it’s a favorite of hers, and wondered why I’m doing another fave on Valentines Day. She really knows that I’m just softening her up to see me (hopefully) watching Men’s Downhill on Valentines Day vs taking her out to dinner. She also knows I love her in spite of my many manly failings, because I still touch her just like I did back in 1974. IMG_7749.JPG

It’s tough in many ways to stick with someone for many years, but I think for me it beats being without.

3. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Flowers last night, card this morning, dinner tonight. Then I get to see that "outfit" she bought at Victoria's Secret the other day. This day can't move along fast enough..... :cool:

Tele1966, 8barlouie, Stubee and 6 others like this.

4. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    Remember handing out those little cards in grade school.

5. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    The prettiest girls always got the nicest cards ;)

6. YALCaster

YALCaster Tele-Meister

Jul 24, 2017
    noitacoL
    I have a dentist appointment...

7. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    Quite the morning here. Everything went to plan. I'm the greatest man in the world! Ask her. lol

Tele1966, Stubee and RetroTeleRod like this.

8. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    I'm taking Mrs. Obsessed to our friend's Italian style Bistro in the nearest town for lunch today, although it is dumping snow right now, so I may have to plow first.

We traditionally go two states and one time zone away to our local GC and other music stores for a couple days, but neither of us have any serious GAS right now. We are either getting old or content.:rolleyes:

9. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    "We are either getting old or content."

Neither of those is good.

Toto'sDad likes this.

10. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    That's a darned good Valentine's day present. We had to have one installed, 'cause the crazy thing was going up after we left. I came home and found the garage door up several times, and kept thinking I had forgot to put it down. Then one day, I put it down and sat there for a little while, and up it went! Had a new one installed that doesn't do that and works better all around. I can't take NO CHANCES HAVING A MILLION DOLLAR DOG IN THE HOUSE! :D

11. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    There is a signpost up ahead on the highway of life, it has 60 written on it, when you pass that sign you'll probably have a different opinion! :lol:

Tele1966 likes this.

12. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I'm about a foot taller than mine too. She's held up a lot better than I have. The first time I introduced my sweetie to my little golfing buddy, he looked at her, and then looked at me, and asked; What the hell happened to YOU? :lol:

13. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Come April, my wife and I will celebrate our 45th anniversary. So when it comes to February 14, I say...

"BAH! Humbug! A false and commercial holiday, devoutly to be ignored!"

I have resisted for decades the pressure of being romantic on a certain day, and of being told how I should celebrate said romantic day. If you ask me, the chocolatiers, florists and greeting card companies are behind this. :twisted:

14. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Oh, and as for "liking 'em tall," that's me...literally. For four and a half decades, my joke has been I'm 5'10" and she's 5'12".

Toto'sDad likes this.

15. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    A million??? Cheapskate! I hope Toto doesn't read this...:lol::twisted::)

Toto'sDad and RetroTeleRod like this.

16. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    After having kids we directed the commercial aspect toward them. They love the cards, hearts, plastic trinkets. I don't begrudge anyone for going full tilt with the inventors of the commerce booster...we just kind of think the daily stuff is what seals the deal...:)

Congrats on the upcoming 45th! We're just about to hit 40 of em'...;)

Tele1966 and LGOberean like this.

17. Freejack

Freejack Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Nederland, CO
    It's her year to buy something nice for me :) Last year I sprung for a week long ski trip to Winter Park. Unfortunately it was marred on day 2 by projectile vomiting and forced bowel evacuation. By day 4 we decided to abandon Winter Park and head home.

I did get her two dozen roses this morning so there is that :)

Carl

Tele1966, Stubee and william tele like this.

18. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Friend of Leo's

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA
    Yes I do! They were too cool!
    [​IMG]

19. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    He's a happy camper today, old fella is coming fifteen and still runs around like a pup. Got him and Bella their summer haircut yesterday, and he's double spry. Last year was the first year to buzz him off, he has such nice hair, it seemed a shame to do it, but it changes his whole personality, I guess that's why women go to beauty shops! You're right of course, he's worth way more than a million. (try to CMA here) ;)

Tele1966, 8barlouie, Stubee and 2 others like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.