Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

How did this happen?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by jondanger, Feb 13, 2018.

1. jondanger

jondanger Friend of Leo's

Jan 27, 2011
    Charm City, MD
    I saw this on the way to work today and took some quick photos as I passed. How did this happen? I don’t see any real damage to the blue car. Genuinely confused . . .

IMG_0005.JPG

View attachment 490275

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018

2. Speedy454

Speedy454 Tele-Meister

Oct 1, 2013
    Highland, IL
    The silver car backed into/up/over the blue car.

Flakey and jimash like this.

3. tfarny

tfarny Tele-Afflicted

Sep 4, 2008
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I thought you were referring to the Amtrak running on schedule in the background.

4. Fred Rogers

Fred Rogers Tele-Afflicted

Jun 8, 2013
    Long Island

5. jondanger

Jan 27, 2011
    Charm City, MD
    But there is not a mark on the rear bumper of the gold car, and the hood of the blue car doesn’t seem to have much damage either.

IMG_0013.JPG

I mean, I know that the gold car backed over the blue one, I just don’t understand how neither car seems to have sustained any significant damage.

6. jondanger

Jan 27, 2011
    Charm City, MD

7. cattzap

cattzap Tele-Meister

Jan 18, 2018
    Carlos, Tx
    The silver car is a boy car and it's simply marking it's parking spot.

8. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Another stunt driver .

9. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    I'll bet the damage is there, you just can't see it. Trust me, I've done things where I didn't really notice how bad the damage was for a couple of days.

Piggy Stu likes this.

10. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    As I say, it is dangerous out there in the concrete jungle. I guess, be careful who you park next to too.

drlucky likes this.

11. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

Creative parking.

12. AAT65

AAT65 Friend of Leo's

May 29, 2016
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Maybe the guy was taking photos while he was driving...?:eek::D

13. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

May 9, 2005
    CHICAGO, IL.
    With your penchant for taking photos while driving, I am beginning to understand the origin of your username “Jon Danger.” You’re not related to “Carlos Danger”, are you?

nojazzhere likes this.

14. jondanger

Jan 27, 2011
    Charm City, MD
    Dudes, I was going 5 mph and pointing my phone at the scene without looking at it. These are the two best of the 15 or so photos that I took. Those of you who eat burgers on the highway are being far more dangerous than I.

AAT65, drf64 and Obsessed like this.

15. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    You'd think that the hood of the blue car would be bent down to the motor.

Those are amazing photos.

16. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

May 9, 2005
    CHICAGO, IL.
    Just messing with ya man. Couldn’t help it, as your user name made it hard not to in this instance!

Alamo, AAT65 and jondanger like this.

17. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

Oct 3, 2009
    georgia
    You drive a Prius, too?

jondanger likes this.

18. jondanger

Jan 27, 2011
    Charm City, MD
    Ha! Yep. My second one. I bought my first one with 100k miles on it and put 140k more on myself before the battery bit it. Bought this one with 98k on it and have put about 9k on it since April 2017. Great cars. My 2005 only needed brakes once, a couple wheel bearings, and a new exhaust over the entire 7 years that I drove it.

19. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

Oct 3, 2009
    georgia
    Wheel hubs and bearings seem to be the weak point. My 2014 only has 50k miles and had to replace one already. BTW. I could tell by your rear window.

20. jhundt

jhundt Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 23, 2003
    Netherlands
    In 1982, in Haarlem (Netherlands) my girlfriend and I bought a really nice second-hand Fiat 127. We parked it proudly in the parking area outside our favorite local rock'n'roll club, went inside to hang out with the gang for a while. 2 hours later we walked out of the club and our beautiful new car was crushed like a pancake! No one there to explain it, no note, no nothin'! Turns out a young man driving a large American car (unusual in Holland) was fleeing the police in a high-speed chase. He hit a bollard which launched his big old 2-ton sedan in the air, and landed on our car. It remains a mystery how they got it off and away without us - or anyone in the club - being aware of all this going on right outside the door. I guess the music was too loud.

AAT65 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.