Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

It's time to boycott United Airlines.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by kelnet, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    People should stop giving United their money. Fly with someone else. How many chances do they need to "get their act together"? If a restaurant killed someone with their food, would you want to eat there, hoping that they got their act together?

waparker4 likes this.

2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Toto is just about as good a pal as I have in this world, but I don't drag him into the presence of others who might not be animal people and there are more of those than you can imagine. I was just being silly, but a woman came by me in the grocery store the other day, and I barked at her dog, my wife was embarrassed, the woman was aghast, and the dog barked back at me.

It's bad enough people bring kids in the store and stuff 'em down in those little things where the shi**y diapers are leaking on their groceries. Even worse, people letting kids ride in the damned baskets that the boys are old enough to grow a mustache, and the girls have reached child bearing age!

To ad the menagerie of animals you're likely to encounter while out shopping is just a disgrace. IS THERE NOT A SANE PERSON LEFT IN CHARGE IN THE WORLD TODAY??????

rich815 likes this.

3. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    I'm sure people will drift towards other carriers as a result of this incident. I'm certainly not defending United but how many flights do they provide per year and how many of these horror stories occur? One is too many - but perfect is also a narrow goal.

One of the restaurants near where I lived, caused a very serious food poisoning event and customers were very ill (thankfully no fatalities). The local government hygiene inspector went in and shut it down until it had met the standards required. A new manager was installed and the restaurant was excellent, better than its previous better days. It took time to recover business fully - but it did.

If the issue is endemic, I agree - do whatever's necessary to protect life, etc. However, if it's down to a couple of rogue staff, it's not irretrievable.

4. kwerk

kwerk Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 22, 2010
    New Zealand
    The entire aircraft is pressurised, cargo hold and all.

5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

There are so few major airlines these days, I wonder if the level of competition is lower with all that implies.

telemnemonics likes this.

6. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 22, 2016
    San Francisco Bay Area
    I saw one article that quotes a witness who says the woman was insisting on keeping the carrier beside her or holding it on her lap when it could not be under the seat without sticking into the aisle in a matter deemed unsafe. Again, what’s the whole story here? So easy to sensationalize this with headline snippets that immediately go down the FA is an uncaring jerk route who didn’t care and didn’t listen. Somehow I don’t think that’s the entire story.

7. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 22, 2016
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Yup. I just booked a flight from San Fran to Beijing and then coming home through Osaka. The only options other than United and non-stop (12 hours) for the main legs were either $400-500 more per ticket or had me with minimum 3-4 hour layovers making the trips 16-20 hours. There really was few logical choices than United. And I hate United.

8. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    We do not permit "Time to boycott" threads. Period. Agenda posting is not permitted. Please take your agenda to some other forum where this is more appropriate.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.