Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Les Paul Owners Club!

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by BritishBluesBoy, Jun 11, 2009.

1. cam.man67

cam.man67 Tele-Meister

Feb 11, 2015
    Frederick, MD
    I'm back in the club! Bought this for myself as a Christmas present. Going to be getting a cover on the bridge pickup and a GuitarMadness ceramic p94 for the neck. Had that setup in an Epi LP Standard a while back and really liked the versatility.

[​IMG]

Chip and pondcaster like this.

2. Jerry37

Jerry37 TDPRI Member

Dec 3, 2017
    100th meridian
    My 2016 Gibson LP faded T 20171226_114343_Richtone(HDR).jpg

3. Billnchristy

Billnchristy Tele-Holic

Sep 21, 2017
    Georgia
    Here's our Es special ii.
    image.jpeg

4. jimmyv723

jimmyv723 Tele-Meister

Dec 28, 2017
    Western New York
    Took a collection shot last night and here it is featuring the Les Paul I make and posted about earlier along with my PRS SE Zach Myers with the semi-hollow Les Paul body shape...

[​IMG]

5. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone Tele-Meister

Mar 15, 2010
    Arlington TX
    I'm eligible to be in the club now. I just got a 2017 gold top Les Paul Tribute. Somewhat unsurprising being me, I'm going to swap out all the electronic parts. Current plan is DiMarzio 36th anniversary PAFs and a Jimmy Page mod. Plus I'm adding a switch surround pokerchip with a more interesting choice than "Rhythm/Treble" on it to fill the space that Gibson inexplicably leaves empty on Tributes.

6. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    Paula.jpg
    This is Paula.
    She's a '76 that I bought after the previous owner snapped the Headstock.

7. WriteNoob

WriteNoob Tele-Meister

Wasn’t feelin’ it, pick in hand, on the Tele, today. So I put down the pick, pulled out Ms. Vickie, and there it was. January 1st, and mellow.
    IMG_0907.JPG

Happy new year, to all.

8. Chip

Chip Tele-Afflicted

Feb 25, 2005
    Northfield Center, Ohio
    I was looking back at old posts in this thread and noticed my photos are gone because of photobucket, so here's mine again.
    It's a 1974 Deluxe that started life as a really blah cherry sunburst that had been chopped up for EMG pickups. After replacing part of the maple top and re-routing for a 1950's P90 & Firebird pickups & Bigsby I had to refinished it black.

IMG_3237.JPG IMG_2035.JPG
    IMG_2364.JPG
    IMG_3320.JPG
    Original 1974 pot...
    IMG_3206.JPG

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018

9. stratoman1

stratoman1 Tele-Holic

Nov 12, 2016
    Virginia Beach, Va
    A different pic of mine. There's one in here already. Anyway here it is day before yesterday as I was just about to change strings and clean it a bit

20171231_105613 (1).jpg

10. merseysteve

merseysteve TDPRI Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Liverpool, UK
    Joining the club with my 1994 LP Standard in Honeyburst. Bought it pre-loved with Seymour Duncan SH5 Custom bridge pickups. Intended to change back to the original 498T but I like the balance of the SH5 with the 490R neck (the vendor said I would). I did fit a Gibson chrome cover over the SH5 pickups though. The only other thing of note is the 1994 serial number beginning 94xxxxxx to celebrate the Gibson centenary year rather than the usual format of ydddynnn. Plays very comfortably (except for the weight, of course). P8220014.JPG

11. jaygtr

jaygtr TDPRI Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Great Britain
    Here's mine.
    It's wine red 1996 standard.
    It has lollar high wind imperial pickups and nickel hardware.
    I've owned it from new, when I was 25.
    it was my only guitar for about 15 years.
    I still love it, although I probably grab the telecaster more often these days.

IMG_0621.JPG

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0627.JPG

dr_tom, Chip and pondcaster like this.

12. ChuckC

ChuckC TDPRI Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Maryland
    LPR7 ... Rewired using PU switch and tone control for each PU but only one volume control. Duesenberg Les Trem, ABM2400 bridge, TV Jones Filtertron Classics w/ humbucker mount pickups and GK3 pickup/controller unit (using GR55 synthesizer) LPR7 & TV Jones 005.JPG LPR7 & TV Jones 001.JPG

13. cam.man67

cam.man67 Tele-Meister

Feb 11, 2015
    Frederick, MD
    That looks very versatile!

Here's my LP Studio now with a coveted bridge pup and p94 neck
    [​IMG]

14. ChuckC

ChuckC TDPRI Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Maryland
    Love P94 pickups. I bought my LPR7 in 2008 and put P94's on it. I bought the TV Jones Classic pickups to use on my Gretsch 5120 but I discovered that I like them on the LP. The P94's sound good on the Gretsch so that's their home now.

15. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Tele-Afflicted

Jan 25, 2007
    GNV FLA USA
    I posted in August 2017, but the photo link has broken.

All of them actually say "Les Paul" on 'em, except for the Hamer, but let's face it, a Hamer Special is pretty much an LP Special (especially if one sticks a scratchplate on, as I did). The 2 Epiphones are setnecks, both "Ltd. Ed. Custom Shops."

And yeah, I know that there isn't actually an Epiphone "Custom Shop."

;)

[​IMG]

Zepfan likes this.

16. Minimalist518

Minimalist518 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 5, 2017
    Albany
    I had long-term loan of a black ’76 Les Paul from our bass player a few bands ago. It looked very much like yours except it had Grover tuners and pretty much all of the gold plating had worn off the pickup covers and hardware. I loved it! It almost, but not quite, eclipsed the Schechter kit Tele I owned at the time. I liked was having two guitars at my disposal that didn’t cover the same sonic ground.
    I know there is not a lot of respect for Norlin-era Gibson, but I thought this guitar was awesome. The neck just felt right; it was worn in and road-ready and the pickups were great. Also, given the wear and the Norlin vintage, you didn’t feel like you had a case queen on your hands; it was a player. It just had that magic you sometimes find with the right guitar.
    My best friend/current bass player dissuaded me from making an offer on it because he noted the sandwich body had begun to de-lam as I’m told sometimes happens to those. Still, I continue to have severe spasms of LP GAS (Les Paul, not Liquid Propane, LOL) I will very likely be joining this club soon! (Albeit probably with an Epi.)

String Tree likes this.

17. Unionjack515

Unionjack515 Tele-Meister

Jan 24, 2016
    Batavia, IL
    Snapped this shot of my R8 this morning to send to Copperpeace. IMG_8421.JPG

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018

18. Minimalist518

Minimalist518 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 5, 2017
    Albany
    I beg to differ; she’s real pretty! Character and history is gorgeous!!

Chicago Matt likes this.

19. Henfield Tele

Henfield Tele Tele-Meister

Oct 30, 2012
    West Sussex Uk
    I’ve been offered a genuine 68 black 1 piece bodied Les Paul, all original and no neck breaks. Question is, are these particularly desirable, and what sort of price should it sell for, as neither of us has a clue? It’s been gigged, but in very good condition but not immaculate. Same owner since 1981. Any advice welcome!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.