Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

my Squire

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by capt bp, Mar 12, 2018.

1. capt bp

capt bp TDPRI Member

Oct 5, 2016
    Southern Maryland
    Hi folks, I bought this guitar used,, I like how it plays but the electronics seems to be junk,, crackles pops and alike,, I would like to buy and install some new components, and I need some suggestions.. Also my control panel Vol Tone and switch is backward and can't be reversed due to the length of wire,,,, does anyone know if this was offered stock?

Thanks in advance

2. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Tele-Holic

Feb 11, 2006
    Near Athens GA USA
    I'm guessing someone fiddled with the electronics before you got it and probably messed it up. Fixing it wouldn't be that hard if you know how to solder properly. You could upgrade the pots, cap and switches at the same time since it's likely they're not in good shape from a botched job.

3. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    There is lots of expertise here to help--but it helps if you post pictures of the guitar, and perhaps the serial number so people can more accurately determine where and when it was made, and what model it is.

Many inexpensive guitars can be improved a bit with better components though.

4. capt bp

capt bp TDPRI Member

Oct 5, 2016
    Southern Maryland
    cool Thanks I will get that info

5. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Reversed control plate wasn't offered stock, which is why many of us mod ours that way. We prefer it.

Try blasting your pots and switch with an air can, and remember that your noise problems might be at the pups and not switching.

Do you hear noise when raising and lowering volume and tone?

6. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    Yes, it is possible that this was offered stock. It was on the Squier Vintage Modified SH and SSH. You can easily recognise these as made in India (not Indonesia or China).

The first was offered in black and red, and the SSH in black and white versions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. capt bp

capt bp TDPRI Member

Oct 5, 2016
    Southern Maryland
    I changed to a more vintage pick guard , mine has no skunk stripe and the strings do not go through the body, the neck is very white compared to the body

Attached Files:

8. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

Jan 14, 2015
    Chicago
    If they brought Squier Vintage Modified SSH back with a rosewood board, I'd cop one in a heartbeat.

nicod98 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.