Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Stephen Hawking Gone

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by BorderRadio, Mar 14, 2018.

1. NiceTele

NiceTele Tele-Afflicted

Dec 20, 2012
    Australia
    A great mind, and it was amazing he had such a long life as a sufferer of Motor Neurone Disease. A good friend of mine contracted MND in her early 50s, she was a healthy woman with two teenage kids, and within two years was gone... all too sudden. It's a terrible thing to happen to anyone.

2. Milspec

Milspec Tele-Afflicted

Feb 15, 2016
    Nebraska
    Well, he always said that there is no God, so he was able to answer that final question, even if he could not tell us what he discovered.

3. Darkness

Darkness Tele-Afflicted

Apr 7, 2016
    Stygian Gulf
    Yeah. He figured out everything about the universe before we even explored any of it. (sarcasm)

I think he was a brilliant physicist. Too bad his assumptions (Occam’s Razor) bled over to fields he was a midget in. No human is brilliant in all areas of knowledge.
    I’ve no clue as to whether or not there is a god, but I’m willing to entertain the thought of a natural being that became sentient at the beginning of the universe and evolved for billions of years before we even came into the picture. Such a being would meet all the criteria we associate with a ‘god’. This isn’t contra to evolution, it is what WE might be like after 6 billion years of evolution and science. Dunno why people so easily drink the kool aid. Think with your natural mind before making monkey statements.

Sigh.

(Here come the closed minded buffoon horde. They know all. Do not question their limited repository of knowledge.)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    BigDaddyLH likes this.

4. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    A loss for mankind.

JL_LI likes this.

5. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Tele-Afflicted

Jan 4, 2017
    Wales
    A true genius... he'll be missed.

JL_LI likes this.

6. smokehousewilly

smokehousewilly Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2009
    the big apple
    In the interest of balance, it is sure that praise for him will be lofty and universal. However, not one in ten thousand can understand physics at the level he is reputed to have discussed it. But everyone can understand this: a guest of Jeffrey Epstein.

7. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    A real shame that a truly open-minded scientist has gone. If he was right about there being no God, no afterlife, there's nothing for him to report back upon. If there is, then he's the guy who'll find a way to get a message back. However, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Thank you Mr Hawking for all that you contributed to man's understanding of the Universe.

8. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    RIP. Humane genius and a lesson to us all in triumphing over adversity.

JL_LI and awasson like this.

9. Sounds Good

Sounds Good Tele-Holic

Oct 2, 2017
    Luton UK
    R.I.P for me as well, yes he was a very clever man. I think he had gained honours degree's in nearly all subjects, as well as his PhD in physics which was his main love.

10. Sounds Good

Sounds Good Tele-Holic

Oct 2, 2017
    Luton UK
    There was a picture on the internet a while back of him attending church, i think it was just after he gave up his quest about string theory because it lead him back to the zero start point again of a mono universe. I understand the complexity of it all i use to study physics also QM even had my mind baffled let alone factoring in all the rest.

11. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    Too soon!

In childhood I read Brief History and resolved to become a nuclear physicist and crack cold fusion. The idea lasted right up until I got a rubbish physics teacher

Funnily enough just yesterday I listed to a documentary on why fusion has not been harnessed for energy, and decided it is an intractable problem. All those teenage thoughts came back, and now I find he died

As said above though I do think he might best have stuck to his field instead of getting political on complex things that he gave a facile answer to. Reminds me of when some rock star makes some pronouncement on something they don't understand

Entitled to an opinion but it has no weight more than others who do not understand the area

Great guy. I now remember I wrote him a letter. I got a postcard back from his office, which my dad read before me and presumed I was being identified as some genius

12. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 16, 2003
    London
    "He liked parties. He liked pretty girls - only pretty ones. He liked adventure and he did, to some extent, like work."

Hawking’s mother Isobelle, speaking to the BBC about her son in 2002.

RIP

13. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Thank dog for the ignore buffoon.
    Sorry Professor Hawking to hyjack your thread,

14. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2014
    UK
    A life well led and an exceptional, curious brain. RIP

boris bubbanov likes this.

15. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2014
    UK
    Suggesting something deeply shady about him already? Poor guy is still warm.

re. that report, I suspect SH only wanted to go down on a submarine.

TokyoPortrait and Piggy Stu like this.

16. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2016
    Raleigh, NC

17. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    You will be missed. A true genius and man of the century.
    Also taught us how to truly live.
    RIP

18. Jason Hutchinson

Jason Hutchinson TDPRI Member

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    RIP. It must be some kind of cosmic joke that he died on PI day (3/14).

JL_LI, TokyoPortrait, awasson and 2 others like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.