Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track - Week #111

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Sorry I was late getting this up.Here's this weeks track ,enjoy!

Download to your DAW or portable digital recorder and go for it.:)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    HoodieMcFoodie and Alan L Cole like this.

2. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY

Thank you Mike!

Here is mine:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Mjark, teletimetx, udoering and 3 others like this.

3. JCL50

JCL50 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    France

4. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Very nice JC!

Mellencaster and JCL50 like this.

5. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I can finally listen to your takes .I had audio issues with my computer all day and I couldn't record until I finally figured out a fix an hour ago. Not perfect as usual, thanks for listening.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Mjark, teletimetx, udoering and 3 others like this.

6. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Awesome! Great melodic power and tone in the guitar solos. Has an expansive story-telling vibe to it. Nice track Mike!

Mellencaster likes this.

7. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    @Alan L Cole - Powerful playing with a touch of subtle phrasing,it really brings out the dynamics of this track.Good stuff Alan!

@JCL50 -JC I love the soft tone and the slight laid back feel to your take , melodic with a country like vibe we've both done our takes differently but I prefer your style the most.

Alan L Cole likes this.

8. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Thanks Alan. I wasn't sure if was going to be able record at all but it all worked out.

Alan L Cole likes this.

9. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Two alternating guitars and some effects to cover a lack of creativity. The fact that I still suffer a little from a common cold may hold as an excuse :).

10. JCL50

JCL50 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    France
    Alan L Cole and Mellencaster like this.

11. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Holic

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    Sunday and it is quiet and sunny outside....colours on the tree leafs...
    I got this out of it.

Mjark, JCL50, teletimetx and 3 others like this.

12. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    @udoering I wish , I would've made more time to add variety of tones like you did .These BT that lack certain parts of the original composition ideas can be so repetitive in a 4 minute track and would you believe this track was originally 14 minutes long :eek:

You managed quite well with the alternating guitars ,it breaks it up into sweetly played portions and the slide work was my highlight of your track .Well thought and played.

13. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    @NWinther - Niels ,I desire that inspiration you find in daily life and reflect it to the music.Sweet tone and add a expressive playing brings a lot to this track.Very good.

NWinther likes this.

14. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    @Alan L Cole : your playing style takes this track far away from Frank; remembers me in it´s eruptiveness a little bit of Neil Young.
    @JCL50 : like Alan, you take the track and make it your own: a lovely clean country track with a hint of blues.
    @Mellencaster : surprised I was, my canadian friend! I exspected a track with your beautiful clean sound; you delivered a track that reminds me of 80ies rock. Indeed, Saga will play in our town within the next weeks; though this is not a Saga-like-track, the guitar sound reminds me. Like Alan stated, very well played!
    @NWinther : there it is again: the man who plays notes I never would have thought of! Expressive, indeed!

Thanks to everyone who took time to listen and comment!

15. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Wow! I totally forgotten about Saga. I'll need to reacquaint myself with their music again:) Thanks Ullrich .

16. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Some nice fxs and tone Ullrich. I think it works well in breaking up the track and keeping it fresh. Cool approach to the track Ullrich!

17. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Nice power in some of those runs Niels and a nice array of soloing and tonal coloration! Very cool!

18. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    It is an interesting BT track in that although it is only 4 minutes long it seems long, which lends itself quite well for soloing which I thought you executed very well Mike. Ullrich's approach on the other hand worked to break the track up, diminishing its sense of length - two different and well executed approaches I thought.

Mellencaster likes this.

19. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Turns out I took something of the same path as Uli - seemed like there were two distinct parts to the track, so I took that to it's illogical extreme. Going for contrast and really just having some fun. Not too serious. Was working on repairing a door that had taken a weather beating - so playing a the tele into garageband was fun.

..and yeah, I cut about the first couple minute off...also, you'll have to turn up your speakers - didn't have much time to play with the mix.

20. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    @teletimetx : very special sounds contrasting that clean country guitar (which I love). The opening sounds very interesting regarding note choice as well as rythm. Using the two different parts of the chord change as a base for the alternating guitars was a clever idea. If your track would have lasted longer, think it would have forced you into playing "together"-parts as a space to breathe.

teletimetx likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.