Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track - Week #111

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Oct 7, 2017.

1. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Holic

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    @Alan L Cole: Strong strong voice! Love that tone and the slinky finger vibrato, a real personal stamp!
    @JCL50 : Sweet clean sounds, love the steelguitar like feel it has here and there! Nice little melodies.
    @Mellencaster : Love the lines you make here! Almost vocal like in places!
    @udoering : Dig the different guitar parts, slide, octaves, it has its own calm life with this backer! Made me feel all at ease!
    @teletimetx : Some good fun sounds, made the track kinda spacy and different, loved the contrasts!

udoering and Mellencaster like this.

2. estreet

estreet Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    Southern UK
    Hmmm - none of the Soundcloud links working here ATM.

3. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    The same at the other forum too .SoundCloud is working but I guess the embeded SC links are not.I have to wait it out until it's working to listen.

4. estreet

estreet Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    Southern UK
    Same here - so I can't hear anyone else's but I'd already downloaded the BT. I don't think there's anything Dorian about it - it modulates between D Minor and F Major. Although those scales contain the same notes the root change needs acknowledgement. Interesting.

5. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I found that too. I mostly stuck with the pentatonic scale and some melodic notes for this track.

6. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    If you've complete your track Carl, you can add a direct link to your track with the embedded player until they resolve it here.

7. estreet

estreet Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    Southern UK
    Used the Zoom MS100bt I just bought straight in for this one with my old Tele.

NWinther, Mjark, JCL50 and 1 other person like this.

8. estreet

estreet Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    Southern UK
    OK - I'll try that cheers!

9. estreet

estreet Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    Southern UK
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    udoering and Alan L Cole like this.

10. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Here's direct link to my Track , Alan's and Ullrich's You'll need to use a title ,highlight it and click the link for a direct link .It tries to embed the track if you don't highlight it over a texts , I hope this helps.

11. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Disregard my suggestion ,ha!

12. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    @estreet Very good use of the effects on this, sounds very good but I wish it was little longer, I quite enjoyed it. One thing I really relish about your playing it is when you play down low ,the note definition crazy good.

13. estreet

estreet Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    Southern UK
    I guess it can be looked at couple of different ways but whichever you way you used, your track is nicely 'nailed' to the backing - which is the trick here I think.

Mellencaster likes this.

14. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Thanks Carl.Yes my musical knowledge can be unorthodox on the most part but I do inch along in the process :)

15. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Cool song pic Carl via your link! Some very nice picking here. Cool use of wah and fxs. Nice dynamics and passion on the runs. Awesome!

16. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    @estreet : good playing here, expressive and reflecting the chord changes. Like those effects, too. The last seconds demonstrate an option noone has used so far: interspersed rythm parts.

17. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Is this really a Zappa tune? It sounds very much like 70's Pop to me. sort of familiar but I can't place it. I've been traveling and came home sick but I'm working on this now.

Mellencaster likes this.

18. JCL50

JCL50 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    France
    As soundcloud seems to work, I've listened to some tracks, here are a few comments.

@NWinther very inventive and expressive.

@teletimetx nicely played but the sound quality is not optimal.

@estreet great playing as usual. the "envelope filter"-ed part is fits the track very well.

NWinther likes this.

19. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD

20. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Now that Soundcloud seems to be back had a chance to listen to all the tracks:

@Alan L Cole – you were kicking butt and taking names, amigo! Classic rock tones with some Santana-like phrases here and there.

@JCL50 – some really nice work here – I especially enjoyed some quick legato phrases around 2:05ish.

@estreet – You came out swinging! Some very cool sounding pinched harmonics, great phrasing and some fun wah-like sounds.

@Mellencaster – Stong, strong, strong! Some cool long, howling bends, followed by some fret-blistering phrases. Rock on!

@udoering – I liked both tones you used. I especially liked how you started in the lower register and worked your way upwards. Some nice relaxed phrases, mixed with good bends. Are you sure you’re not from Texas? I guess there is a region in Texas that was settled by many German families, so maybe there is a connection.

@NWinther – seems like you got more and more into the track as you went along. Some wonderful phrases. I especially liked the change in dynamics you made here and there – taking the amplitudes down, then back up.

@Mjark – I always enjoy your playing. Good melodic phrases and passages, some with an almost Dicky Betts-ian feel.

Hope I didn’t miss anybody. Y’all sound great and thanks again, Mike, for all you do to keep this going!

Mellencaster likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.