Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups

What's your million dollar idea?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by BigDaddyLH, Mar 14, 2018.

1. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

This got me thinking:

Do you have a million dollar idea?

The DST time change got me thinking... If I try to sleep in on Saturday or Sunday, Harley wakes me up by coming into my bedroom and whining for food. If I close the door he just whines more loudly outside the door.

What about a food bowl with a timer? It either pours out food at a set time, or opens and unlocks the bowl. Pouring food out seems like a better idea because then you could program it for multiple feedings.

Part two: I'd have to get up anyway because right after that he wants to go outside. I'm not keen on dog door flaps, but what about an RFID activated door? I have a sliding patio door to the back yard. It could be opened when he stands near it, on either side, so he can leave and reenter the house.
    imwjl, don71 and Nubs like this.

2. nvilletele

nvilletele Friend of Leo's

Jul 4, 2008
    There are already a number of timed food bowls for pets on the market. Sorry, someone beat you to it. One can be smartphone operated.

Anyway, I'm not gonna tell you my million dollar idea. Cuz then it might become your million dollar invention!
    MitchMiami, AAT65, Piggy Stu and 2 others like this.

3. BigDaddyLH

Yes, but Harley is too dumb to operate a smartphone.
    Asmith, kuvash, Moriarty and 6 others like this.

4. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm serious. This device teaches lazy people like me how to finger pick. It's a set of five electrodes that stick on tendon areas of the fingers and a control box that sets the style of roll. If not an active least a sensory prompt to acquire the feel and muscle memory.
    Boomhauer, ponce and Nickadermis like this.

5. dogbert

dogbert TDPRI Member

Mar 4, 2018
    I've always wanted to start a business paying people minimum wage to perform live music. I'd take orphans and other hopeless young people and house them in barracks, with a regimented daily schedule of practice, training, and classes, and offer reliable, affordable, and on-demand live music services. at the prices I offer, any business could afford to have some musicians play for 8 hours a day, five days a week. they'd wear uniforms and would not be allowed to leave the barbed-wire fenced compound without a day pass. I'd have rooms full of rows of song-writing sweatshops, where the orphans slave away writing lyrics and figured bass with hourly quotas, and other, older workers who stand by conveyor belts and discard defective songs as they come down the line.

i like this idea. can we have a feature where it electrocutes you for flubbing a note? and can we make it a service?

6. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    ”What's you million dollar idea?”

Cash in my taco chips & vamoose for Mexico..."Andale, andale! Arriba, arriba!"
    Nickadermis likes this.

7. Slowisfast

Slowisfast TDPRI Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Mt. Rainier
    I want to take rocks I find outside on the ground...wash 'em up...put them in a box and sell them to folks as pets.

I think it's just crazy enough to work...

8. BigDaddyLH

You're right! I googled. I like this one because I can leave a message.

9. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Friend of Leo's

Oct 9, 2008
    S. CA
    Well it today's grand scheme of things, is a million dollar idea even that big of a deal anymore?
    thegeezer likes this.

10. BigDaddyLH

Give me a million dollars and I'd ... buy most of a house in Vancouver.

11. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Tele-Holic

May 3, 2016
    In the South
    I'm not going to be stupid enough to post it on TDPRI am I? ;)
    Boomhauer, televillian and koen like this.

12. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Friend of Leo's

Oct 9, 2008
    S. CA
    Exactly...then you'll need another idea to pay for the taxes.

Wait, is there an idea in there? How much is it gonna cost me?

13. beagle

beagle Tele-Afflicted

Jul 20, 2010
    Give me a million dollars and I promise not to have any more ideas...

14. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Tele-Afflicted

Jan 4, 2017

15. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Why would I tell you my million dollar idea? (And, it's a good one, too!) So you can steal it? Yeah, right!

Now, any electrical engineers (that's who I need to design the damn thing) here who want to split a million bucks?

16. Wrighty

Wrighty Tele-Meister

Aug 17, 2013
    Essex UK
    OK, so, twenty odd years ago my wife and I did kids’ discos. I built all of the lights my self and designed and built a bubble machine. The kids went mad for it, nothing like it on the market anywhere. Looked at a patent but couldn’t raise the cash. At one gig, a guy was looking very closely at it, someone told be he’d even taken a couple of pics. It would fill a typical hall with pretty impressive size bubbles in a couple of minutes. Anyway, about a year after the ‘spy’ incident, Maplin had one on the market, the design concept, wands, tank and blower, were identical to mine. Really feel I lost out, not, probably on a million, but certainly a nice earner.

17. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    A way of communicating with people and sharing ideas that connects basically everyone on earth through a series of tubes...

18. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

Mar 28, 2012
    Sou Cal
    I wanna dig half a hole.
    People will pay for half a hole.

19. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2014
    Set up a social website that collects ‘million dollar ideas’ from users and gives them 1% if it makes a million.
    Boomhauer likes this.

20. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Tele-Afflicted

Jan 4, 2017
    Yeah, but look what's happened to Maplin now! They didn't sell enough bubble machines.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.